Thursday, May 12, 2022

The Close of an Era

   The furry brats are helping me cook supper as I type this. Normally, I would have already eaten, but I had to run errands after clinical, and then lay on the floor in despair for a considerable time after Smokey ran away from me. But, on to the main topic! Today was my last clinical. I have mixed emotions on it; there were portions that could have gotten better, like my normal preceptor not having to call in, but I still learned a lot. As someone that was overwhelmed by a clinical with one patient not so long ago, it was almost surreal that I was bored with the four that I took today. To be fair, they were very easy patients, med-wise, and only one was truly a challenging individual, likely due to fairly recent drug use. Still, its just nuts to me that this is all coming to a close. I have a job lined out in the medical ICU, and sometimes I see people from there, and they get so excited that I am close to graduating. But then I see my classmates or instructor and feel a pang, because they have become a huge, amazing, cherished part of my life, and I do not want to go our separate ways. They are some of the most supportive and encouraging people I have ever met! There is no way I could have made it through losing my grandparents and the job issues without their encouragement and presence. This all feels incredibly surreal. I am so excited about pinning next week, and the future, but I gotta admit- I wish the fun parts and time with my peeps wouldn't have flown by so quick! That's all for now, my food is done, and as much as I love youns, we both know I have a hard time turning down food! ;)

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Emmy, I can't get over how quickly the time flew and that your pinning is next week. I am so happy that you have a job lined up. Thinking of you and congratulations!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Thank you! I cannot wrap my head around how quickly it all went by!