Saturday, March 2, 2019

March already!


  My progress thus far on Sunflower House. I had a decent portion of the fence stitched before I realized that there were different numbers of stitches between the posts. I had to frog quite a bit, but it’s ok. My linen held up decently and I don’t have to struggle with trying to make it work. And the uneven fence looks pretty cool. 
  Mom and I traveled to Mountain Grove yesterday to visit my Grandpa and Grandma B. Grandma had surgery on her foot, so we wanted to visit with them and prep a few meals for them. We also got to visit with Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Bob since they stopped by my grandparents house. Definitely a much needed visit for my lil old heart!  
  In other news, Mr. Smokey is doing well. Up to his usual shenanigans of cutesing me. He’s also developed a recent fascination with bath tubs. I’m not really sure why, but I find it hilarious whenever I realize that the wet spots on the floor are actually tiny kitty paw prints! 
  


He’s also discovered how to make the bird toy in the above picture chirp. He is very proud of himself for that and now lives the toy even more!
The puppies are all doing well. Miss Daisy got new bows:


She still adores the camera! 
Well, I’m going to try to squeeze in some stitching. I took a long nap earlier, but I’m still planning on trying to go to bed early. There’s suppose to be a huge snowstorm tonight, which tends to draw out all the folks that have no new or real complaint. I think they just get stir crazy not having the option to leave their house. Oh well, regardless of why, I’d this snow storm has the usual effect, I’m sure I’ll get to hear some interesting (and humorous) chief complaints! Bad weather (and roads) also tend to fall at the same time as someone that is legitimately trying to die. I’m hoping that tonight will be the exception to all of the usual, yet unfavorable, rules. Regardless, my soul and heart need some stitchy time and my body needs plenty of rest so that I can handle it, come what may. Plus, if I’m well prepared, that tends to head off a lot of issues! This past week was super busy, so I’m hoping to get back into my blogging groove this coming week. 
Happy Stitching!
Emmy

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Miss Daisy is a cutie. Mr. Smokey is a charmer; too funny about his bird toy. Your stitch project is looking good. Hope your shift went smoothly!