Thursday, February 21, 2019

Driving Miss Daisy

  Ms. Daisy went on her first car ride yesterday. Her brother, Bear, was going to come, but he had outgrown his harness before he had even gotten to wear it! Mom drove and I rode up front and took pictures of her. :) I apologize in advance for what will probably be too many photos! ;)
Here she is getting ride for the car ride. And yes, she is wearing a diaper under onesie! (She has done well so far, but I'm not one for taking a chance on having to clean up a mess... The socks were to help keep her from accidentally scratching up Mom's car. Just for  the record, she wears a 6-9 mo onesie. 







She looked out the window at times, napped, and posed for pictures. That lil gal loves to have her picture taken! She's a bit of a diva though- if she sees me taking a picture of someone or something that is not her, she lets me know that that is unacceptable! Fortunately, she likes being dressed up. She tends to be on the cold side, so I think she enjoys the warmth that extra layers bring! Plus, she loves the attention!
As far as stitchy news goes, I finished Token of Love on Tuesday at 10:25. I was suppose to go to bed early that night since my beauty sleep (snort) was interrupted the night before at work. Instead, I chose to finish stitching. I always think that I can stitch something faster than I actually can. Anyway, here it is in all of its un-ironed glory:
Token of Love Redwork Sampler by Pineberry Lane. Stitched over 2 on 32? count natural linen using  DMC 817. 
  Apparently, I also couldn't hold my phone straight. Sorry about that!
  I was going to work on a WIP today, but I need to go over some of my lines with the erasable marker thingy-ma-bob. And holding the pattern and muslim over the window was just not working today. Too bad I had just pulled the masking tape out of my stitching bag a few days ago! ;) Instead, I think I just might start this:


  I'm going to change the colors from Weeks Dye Works to DMC. DMC is pretty much the only embroidery floss that is easily accessible around here. And I'm too impatient  to order floss that I need to start a project online! 
 Mr. Smokey is mad that he hasn't been allowed to write a post in a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if he "borrows" my laptop soon for something other than a warm place to sleep. 
He loves laying on anything gray because he knows he blends in. He gets so excited whenever my sweatpants or shirt is gray!

Here he is having fun decorating himself. He thought he was in trouble just prior to me taking the picture!

Smokey decided he needed to wear a headdress. Maybe he got the idea from watching Pocahontas?
And we can't forget about Banjo! 
 I hope that all of you are warm, safe, and dry and enjoying your evening!
 Happy Stitching!
Emmy




No comments: