Friday, August 23, 2019

Busy, Busy, Terribly Busy

 Sorry, right now I am rocking from side to side because of the title of this post. Here’s why: I grew up watching Veggie Tales. We watched it throughout the week, and on Sundays Kirst and I watched Veggie Tales and played Barbies or baby dolls while Mom and Dad napped. One of the Veggie Takes has a song that had lyrics with “busy, busy, terribly busy. Much, much too busy for you.” Now the last part of that lyric makes me feel sad, but with the time it’s to, you can’t help but sway. Basically, my inner 5 year old is coming out.
  Anyway, back story aside, things have been crazy busy this week. At first, it was overwhelming busy, but now I think it’s starting to switch from that overwhelming, drowning busyness to the good, purposeful busy. I’ll probably change my mind on that as the date of our first quiz draws nearer, but that’s ok. Ups and downs in this life just means I’m alive!
  I’m enjoying the information from class. It’s building on s few things I learned in medic school. The rest is either new or vaguely familiar. Regardless, I’m starting to understand certain disease processes better already, so that’s cool. And I’m better understanding how part of the body works, so, all in all, it’s good. Going too fast for my comfort, but good. Next week is C Day (Cat dissection day), so that part I’m not looking forward to. If I can block out that it’s a little kitty cat, kinda like I do on certain calls (I know, dehumanization sounds terrible, but it’s necessary to do what we do, and handle what we have to handle at times), I think I’ll be ok. The stuff our instructor will teach us will be cool at least.
  I’m back at work now. It’s been busy off and on. We’ve ran  2 PRCs, an E call that went to Big City, and a football game so far. It wouldn’t be so bad, but we kept running out of trucks all at once! I also spent a loooooong time QAing reports. I think I sent 80 some through, which is a lot. I did get some studying in though!!!!!
  Daisy got spayed yesterday. She seems to be doing good with it today. Well, at least this morning before I left. Family says she’s been mostly good today.

                                                    
                                               



(She was a little high in this one) ;)
                                                

No stitching progress to report. Hopefully, that will change soon, but I’m not holding my breath on it.

Well, I’m really tired from this week. Last shift we didn’t go to sleep until 5 am, and going to class on 2 hours of sleep was interesting. I retained a lot more than I expected to that day, so that was awesomely encouraging!!! I guess I’ll start getting ready for bed. Maybe an early bedtime tonight will help me study better tomorrow!
 Thank youns for reading. Know that I think of youns often and love hearing from/about youns. Take care and have fun!
 Happy Stitching/studying,
 Emmy










1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Daisy is a cutie and I hope she makes a full recovery from her spaying. It sounds like your class is going well. Rest up and enjoy the weekend!