Monday, November 9, 2020

Weirdness

  It is total weirdness that today is November 9 and that I currently have my bedroom window open at work. It makes no sense. Then again, yesterday was March, so why should it make sense?

  Miss Ladybug had to go through quite the experience. Banjo apparently decided that the appropriate way to deal with having a feline sister was by attacking her. Thankfully, Kirstie was home and rescued her. She spent a few days inside, as did Slinky, until she was acting more like herself. Thankfully, nothing appeared broken. She was sore for a couple of days and did not like being picked up, even though she wanted held, because of the soreness. Slinky and Ladybug have both been clamoring to go outside. They miss the great outdoors. After church yesterday we did a trial run. The dogs were mostly good. When they started eyeing the kittens was when Kirst and I first got home (I rode with her after church to get lunch and run an errand). At that time we did not have the remote for the shock collars (not ideal, but better than a dead kitten). I think that Kirst is going to set up food and water in the barn for the kittens in the hope that they will stay there, at least until I can figure out a better solution regarding Banjo. I'm trying to find an affordable invisible fence that will (hopefully!) work. So far, that has been difficult. 

  Here are some pictures of the cuteness:









I must lay on her to protect her.

 Shhh, its ok, Slinky is here. 
  Kirstie got each of the kitties a Christmas shirt:

Smokey was not amused. He was already mad about the kittens being inside the house, even if it was just inside the mud room. Clothes was far too much on top of such a travesty. 

What up, homie?!?

Ahh, this is the life. Hanging out in my own house, with my own cardboard, my own toys, and my own Christmas ornament pillow. 

Hello, Mother, I am not planning on leaving my cottage today.

MY COUCH!!!!!

This is not the best picture to show it, but Ladybug really looks like a Corgi cat. 



  I do not have too terribly much else to add. Mom went with me to Pratt, KS to find out more about their paramedic to RN bridge. I would have to drive there weekly for clinicals. I was hoping to do them in a block so that I would be able to make the drive as little as possible. It is a 4.5-5 hour drive one way. The online part would have been good, if not for having to make the drive at least once a week. Oh well, I shall simply look a little closer to home. Lord willing, the right one will become available and obvious quickly!

  I do not have too terribly much to report on the stitching front. I am hoping to stitch soon, but it keeps getting pushed back. There is a lot going on, plus I have to frog an area before I can stitch. Oh well, at least frogs can be cute at times!



  Happy Stitching & Have a Great Day!
 Emmy
 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Hope Ladybug is doing better! Praying you find a program closer than the one in Pratt.

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

She is doing great! She is quite active and happy again... except when inside. Then she lays on the vent to warm up. :)