Saturday, March 27, 2021

It has been an entertaining time of late

   It really has been. We just got back from a call for a 3 year old with his foot stuck in his bicycle. He had been freed by the time we arrived. He was quite proud of the firefighter's helmet the fire dept gave him, as well as the animal my partner made for him out of gloves. His two sisters received the same, and were just as excited. 

  Earlier, we got very lost while looking for an address in a neighboring ambulance service's area. They have been running short-handed, so we have had much more mutual aid calls than normal. Thankfully, the call was not an emergency. The family was irritated; the road sign was missing. Which is common around here, and makes our job much, much harder if GPS does not work (it didn't). On the upside, I got take a quick picture of this barn quilt while we tried to get our bearings. 


   This morning, the sunrise was gorgeous!




  School has been going well. This was the first week with my A&P refresher, and it was not bad. Sometimes first weeks are deceiving, but I am hopeful that this is not one of those times. Its getting closer to time for me to start the RN bridge!

  Smokey and Ladybug have been extra entertaining of late. Kirst is sorting through things, and has an empty tub in the living room. They think that is the best thing ever! Dad even got involved by getting in the tub at one point to play with them. They thought it was awesome!





(I interrupted her nap on accident. It was not well received.)





Work has been work. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Today, today has been entertaining. We have a student that is eager to finish getting his patient contacts in, so it has been entertaining while we debate with him with what volume and type of call is appropriate. He wants large amounts of patients, and massively pain-to-write-the-reports-for style calls. We want nothing but silent radio. So far, he is winning. Although, that was only our third call, so he is not winning by much. 

  Has anyone else with chronic sinus issues and allergies have been having issues with their doctor's offices? I am treated for 1-3 sinus infections a year, and almost constantly have at least low key issues with my sinuses (the allergies pretty much just stay with various points of worsening, such as rain, spring, summer, and fall). They know this. But they panic. When I mentioned the worsening issues since shortly after Thanksgiving, my nurse practitioner almost went the Covid route. Covid is much, much different from this. It is frustrating. And the medicine she gave me greatly helped, but did not quite knock it down back to baseline. So, I messaged her, unfortunately on a day she is off, so other staff members messaged me back. They want me to do a telehealth visit. I'm assuming its because of the "Covid symptoms" of sinus junk. Which is 99% of Missourians' baseline, because our state kinda stinks in that regard. I don't know whether to call and try to sort it out, or if they will try to force me get tested, when I do not need it, and make me miss work and no telling what else until the results come back. It is quite annoying. It definitely is not Covid; myself, and all others that have had it and been symptomatic that I've talked to, state that Covid had its own unique feeling, unlike anything else we have ever had. This- this I have had all the time for years. Oh well, such happenings certainly make sure that life stays interesting.

  I don't really have anything to report on the stitching front. Hopefully I will tomorrow!

  How have all of you been? What are you up to?

  Happy Stitching!

Emmy 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad your refresher course is going well and hope it continues in that manner! Adorable pictures of the kitties! That barn quilt picture is lovely. We are seeing more of them pop up around here. If it were me, I would continue to try to reach the NP who knows you and had been seeing you.

The tree pollen around here is high at the moment, so dealing with allergies. Trying to deal with it myself because I know the first thing out of their mouth will be you must be tested for COVID to rule it out. Nope, not happening.

Thinking of you, Emmy!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

It has gotten busy, but not too bad. Aside from the fact that I haven't quite finished (or started) this week's section yet. I love seeing the barn quilts around- it is a pleasant pop of color, especially during winter!
Yikes, I know the feeling! I think everyone has become so hyperfocused on Covid. Honestly, around here, those of us on the ambulance and working the ER, really don't care all that much if it is Covid or not, we just want to know what treatments would be best.