Saturday, March 6, 2021

Pictures Aplenty

  Just so you are well forewarned, this post is going to be of about a zillion pictures. Life has pretty much just consisted of work, school, and family. Mom had her birthday on Feb 17th, and Dad's is fast approaching on the 10th of this month. Kirst has been doing well. Dad's hours have been changed to third shift, so he has had less than time than ever to do anything besides work or sleep. On the up side, he is actually sleeping more once he gets home- he knows from past experience that third shift is not his friend, so he has been taking a little bit better care of himself. At least there is a bright spot to even the bad things! Mom currently is sick. A stomach bug has been making its rounds around the daycare, and of course she ended up with it. The little ones like to cuddle with her, so she tends to catch whatever they have. 
  School has been going well. I have a final this coming week in Critical Thinking. After that, Spring Break!!!!!!!!!! Which will likely be spent doing lots and lots of projects I haven't had time for yet, but I'm hopeful that stitching will be a large part of that!!!!! If nothing else, maybe I will finally knock out the clutter in my bedroom....  After break ends, nutrition class will continue, and my A&P refresher will start. Hopefully, most of it will come flooding back. If not, A&P intrigues me greatly, so I am optimistic that it will be enjoyable. Especially since there will be no Miss Flufflykins to dissect this go round!

  My house is at a bit of a stand still. The weather did not cooperate for the longest time; now, we have some days that are very sunshiney and spring-like, and other days that are rainy, or vacillate between warm and cold. Hopefully, Dad and I will get the blocks laid soon. If we can find a day where he has the time without being too tired, and the weather cooperates, it should be done. Once that is finished, I am hoping that a coworker's husband will be willing to allow me to hire him to do the framing. As much as I wanted this to be a project for Dad and me, and as much as we would have enjoyed the time together, I just don't see us having the time. My coworker's husband frames buildings for a living, so as long as this project isn't too little or odd, and it fits in my budget, I think it will be best for all involved. Dad and I will still have all of the interior stuff to do, so there will still be plenty of work to do!!! Mom has volunteered to help me hang the paneling, or probably shiplap (Pinterest gave me the idea- it looks so cool!), so that will be fun! 

  My fingers are itching to stitch something spring themed. They've been itching to stitch period for a long, long time now. I don't believe I have anything too springy in my stitching bag, but I just might have something close enough to do the trick, if the good people of our ambulance district allow. Earlier, we went on a lady that we brought to the hospital because she was "tired." That's it, no other complaint, just tired. It was a very accurate call for our EMT student to be on. Although, this type of call usually happens in the wee hours of the morning, but this will suffice since the student would not be here then. Then, since I was a bit tired myself, although I did not see the point in an ambulance and ER bill for it, took a nap myself after lunch! All in all, a pretty good day so far!

  I'm not sure if I've posted this already or not, but Ladybug's front left paw has been incredibly swollen. We don't know if she stepped on something, or if Smokey got too rough while they were wrestling, but something injured it. Ironically, her and I were both on prednisone at the same time. As well as basically the same antibiotic (mine was for a lingering sinus infection/ asthma issues; it was lingering because I did not want to go through the hassle of repeatedly explaining that it was not Covid, just my usual annual, or rather up to 3x annual, sinus infection. Not the best long term decision, but at least I did not have to get tested and waste time off of work for it!). Interesting times in the Swisher Household. 

  Now, without further ado, I present: Pictures Aplenty.

She has been keeping Mom company on the couch; here she is wondering where Mom wandered off to while she dozed. 

ICECREAM!!!!!!!!

Impromptu naps :)

"Aunt Kirstie spoils me!!!!!" ~ Smokey

Kirst took this gorgeous picture the other day!

This works well, right?

Box!!!!!!!

They're just about the same size now! Ladybug is too polite to wake Smokey up to play, although he has no qualms about waking her up, or anyone else for that matter, when he wants to play. 

"Sup, Mom"

How dare you distract me from bird watching!!!

My current mood as well, little buddy. 

"For the thousandth time, Mom, the Queen does what she wants when she wants. So, no, I do not know why the house being destroyed is my fault."

Trying to look serious for the portrait that will be printed on Her Royal Highness' coins.

Road trip!!!

So much to see! Good thing she travels well, and likes the vet!

Pretty eyes!

Helpin' Marmoo make the bed... and possibly testing it out...

Someone had to help with the laundry...

Can't...go...on...much...longer!

Normal paw vs. Ginormica paw


"Where'd she go?"

New bow tie!!!!


At least they were dirty....

Mandatory meeting: plants are friends, not food.
String!!!!!


A paw!!!!

Someone walking by!!!!

This is how this works, right?

These treats are subpar, Mother, I expect fresh caught fish.

Why can't you fish?


I think they've gotten this whole exercise-bike thing figured out!

Posing for his picture!



   I hope that all of you are doing fantastic, and that spring is headed your way! I hope we all get plenty of stitching in today as well!!!!!! Have a wonderful day!

Happy Stitching,

 Emmy

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Enjoyed the pictures of Ladybug and Smokey! I hope Ladybug's front paw is doing better and is less swollen. Hope you are feeling better as well, Emmy!