Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Moments with Mom

Yesterday was the day that Mom and I decided to go bra shopping. We both hate bra shopping with a passion, so we decided to go together and to do some other, more fun shopping (like shoes!!!!!) as well. Unfortunately, Kohl’s felt the need to put the bra section between the four  major intersections of their store. Plus, it’s across from the guy’s stuff on one side. As we took a deep breath and entered the section,  I commented that they need a section for, ummmm, more endowed females so I wouldn’t have to wonder if the required support and needed size would be there. Mom immediately quips, “They need an area for 48 year old tired boobs.” I promptly lost it, of course! And Mom just grinned and said, “What, they’re tired and they’ve forgotten where they’re suppose be at!” Aannnnd I lost it again. We wandered throughout the area digging shamelessly through any type of bra that looked like, or promised, to fulfil each of our needs. At one point, I was left unsupervised-a terrible idea at any and all times- and had a handful of wrong-sized bras in my left hand while yanking on the hanger of the correctly sized bra with the other. Of course, a guy walks past right then. He seemed amused at first, but then looked embarrassed when he realized I was fighting a bra and the bra was winning. He looked at everything except my general vincinity and hurried on his way quite quickly. Once we had a cartful of contestants, we went to dressing rooms. Of course, Kohl’s in their infinite wisdom, had decided that *only* 2 women would ever need to try on bras at the same time. After conversing with another lady in the same conundrum, we decided to go to a dressing room further away. We kept our heads held high as we walked past several folks (sadly, no others with the unfortunate task of bra shopping. Although, I am quite relieved that none of the men we passed by we’re bra shopping! Hey, it’s Springfield, you never know what you will see there!). We did end up getting distracted by clearance clothes- we are, after all, only human! After trying on far too many, Mom found the winner of the day’s contest. I, sadly, was unable to find a winner among my lot. Which means I get to repeat the experience 😫. Hmmmmmm, maybe I’ll just try online shopping next time..... I wonder how many bras I can buy, and quite possibly return, before the powers that be ask questions???

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I feel your pain. Bra shopping is just the pits. Plus why do they discontinue a style that you finally find that fits.

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

I have no idea!!!! I've wondered the exact same thing!!!

Khristine Doiron said...

Hahaha the "Tired Boobies" bra. haha!