Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Santa Paws and more








 

   I really have nothing to report from today. I showed up at work, screeching in 2 minutes before time to clock in (it was not as a smooth of a morning as I would have liked. And Smokey gave me the puss in boots look!!!!). I found out we were going to a hospital 210 miles away. It took around 8 hours, plus our stop for lunch. We went en route to the call around 8:30, and made it back around 4:30. It was ridiculous, and incredibly boring on the way up. Then, after we made it back, we had a brief break for an early supper, then we went to a wreck. A teenager, with just a permit, decided to show off. He may also have imbibed some holiday spirits- we don't know for sure. We had wait forever for his mother to show up to get permission to transport him (he hit his head, with loss of consciousness), then went to Bigish City Hospital. Over half of my shift has been spent in the truck, and we are only 61.5% of the way through it. Not my favorite. 

  I do have stitching to report from last shift:




  I have also been slowly decorating for Christmas, with the help of Santa Paws, pictured above. It has been an excruciating slow process. What is done is pretty though. Except a few areas, but I'm just king of like "Eh, it'll do." The one time of the year when I let myself go all out in the tacky and overboard department, and I'm not feeling very much of either this year. 


  In other news, I am applying to SBU's paramedic to RN bridge program. Mom went with me to visit with the director of admissions, and he was most helpful. Their sim lab is incredible. I felt like I walked into a hospital and forgot the patient I was bringing at work. So far, all is going well with the application process. As long as my college transcript arrives speedily, and I take the A&P refresher (somehow my A&P 1 "expired;" makes no sense, but whatever), I should be accepted to start this summer. He sees no reason why I would not get one of the spots, so that is very reassuring. 

  I hope you all have a great night. I need to try to get some sleep now. The other truck just got a call. 

  G'Night, and I hope you dream of sugar plum fairies and stitching bliss!

~Emmy

No comments: