Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday Musings (That May Have Started On Saturday)

   Am I the only one that is incredibly slow at decorating this year? I've been working on putting up Christmas decorations for what feels like weeks now! I had planned to decorate before Thanksgiving (I did not get to put out any Thanksgiving/fall decor, so why not?), but life got in the way. It doesn't help that my energy levels are staying lower than usual. Well, I'm not entirely certain that they are lower than usual, but I am not able to ignore the lack of energy and power through lately. I should probably listen to whatever my body is trying to tell me... nah, too big a hassle.

  I also really, really, really want to stitch Christmas things now, but I have a huge WIP pile, and do not want to add Singing in the Rain to it. Plus, I think I could finish this one soon, if the time and opportunity present themselves.

  Is anyone else planning on leaving Christmas decorations up later than usual this year? I figure by the time I finish getting them up, I should leave them up late to actually have more than a day to enjoy them!

  Also, is anyone else running behind on Christmas shopping? I am usually done by now. My Christmas shopping starts the day after Christmas, most years, and that did happen. But, I always have more that I need to shop for, and that has not been entirely done yet. And I don't have anything for the white elephant thing my work shift is doing on Christmas Eve. Usually, I'm more creative about what to get, but last year and this year I have been somewhat indifferent to it. Oh well, I'll think of something.

Chocolate, and random other foods, are tasting weird to me. Not sure why, I'm not sick, and my sinus issues are not really that much worse than usual. It is incredibly sad though. I keep forgetting and getting hot chocolate, or taking a bite of something chocolatey, then the weird bitter taste hits and I get all sad. Or mad. Mostly sad-mad. 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

While I did take care of the wrapping/packaging/mailing of Christmas gifts and the writing of cards, my motivation to decorate wasn't there. I finally decorated my wrought iron tree (my husband didn't feel like hauling up the Christmas tree) last week (around the 16th or so). It will still come down around the 7th and I will put out the winter décor. Merry Christmas, Emmy!