Sunday, July 29, 2018

Growling in Church

 We had a wonderful church service this morning. Minion was nice and brought me to church since we are working today. He is more than welcome to come in, but thus far chooses to remain in the ambulance. During preaching, my stomach started growling. It wasn't like the soft or one-time growls. We're talkin' full on loud, angry growls that lasted for a very long length of time punctuated by an even deeper, short growl. I'm pretty sure the preacher heard. He kept glancing towards the pew my family was sitting in. This kept repeating until I started eating a piece of coffee candy. Fortunately, this ploy was sufficient to convince my stomach to be happy! I honestly don't know why my stomach decided to be so vocal in its grouchiness; I had a PB & J sandwich this morning, which really should have sufficed until lunch time! Oh well, by now I have learned to just roll with it and laugh later. Mom, however, was unable to hold her laughter in!
 I hope your stomach is happy and quiet today!
 ~ Emmy

No comments: