Saturday, April 21, 2018

Moments with Mom #1

*Enters the kitchen just as Mom removes a casserole from the oven. Mom removed the tin foil and pops the casserole back on the oven.*. Mom excitedly exclaims, “Cheese volcanoes!!!!”
Mom promptly pops a “cheese volcano” off of the foil and pops it in her mouth. I was too busy laughing to even feel sympathy when she realized her mistake... in her excitement she forgot to let the cheese cool first!
Thank youns for being patient while I’ve been sick. I’m feeling much better now and have high hopes to finish out my shift today! I hope youns have an awesome day!
Happy Stitching!
Emmy

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Thank you for the chuckle, Emmy! I haven't heard the term 'cheese volcano' in years. Glad you are feeling better!

M said...

Lol-Your Mom and I have something in common! Why do we forget the food is hot? I’ve been enjoying your blog and stitch projects. I’m glad you are feeling better! Would you mind if I ask for your opinion to settle a disagreement with my husband? My daughter has chronic kidney disease, so her medications are limited. I suggested to him that we need to get her a medical ID in case of an emergency if she couldn’t tell anyone to be careful about the medication they used. He thinks emergency personnel are too busy to look for something like that and it is a wasted effort. As an Emergency Professional what is your opinion? Thanks for your time! -Michelle

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

I’m glad you enjoyed it and thank you!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

I’m glad you are enjoying my posts! As far as the medical ID goes, I would totally recommend it. Part of our training actually includes looking for medical IDs. They can be a huge help when we are trying to figure out what some possible causes are for our unconscious patients whenever the folks with them don’t know their medical history.

Khristine Doiron said...

Oh no! Not much worse you can pop in your mouth than hot cheese! But it's so good!! Glad you are feeling better :)