Sunday, September 30, 2018

Autumn at Sunflower Ridge


 I’ve been working on this piece since a couple of shifts ago. Its”Autumn at Sunflower Ridge” from the Woolly Ewe Needleworks. It’s been coming along nicely! I changed the colors from Gentle Arts Floss to DMC. I’m using colors 420, 4130 for leaves, 937, 3371, 3790, 435, 676, 310, 3826, 3031, and 3021. I don’t remember the color of the linen; I’ll try to check tomorrow and let youns know. I ordered it from the fabric store.com. All of the craft stores  in the area have very, very limited linen options. Plus, they’re super pricey. The catch with ordering this is that I don’t know what count each linen is until it arrives. I used a yardstick and figured out that this one is 36 count, so it worked out nicely! Well, as long as I have good lighting, lol!
 Last Sunday we dismissed at my church and went to a revival at a church in Easyville. A group of little boys were singing The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock. A lil guy went running up to the front, pacifier in his mouth, to join them. He tripped going up the stairs, but got up without missing a beat. He kept his pacifier in, but tried to join in with the hand motions- it was adorable! One of the little boys tried to pick him up and carry him back to their pew when they finished. He was struggling to get the lil chunk up. He just dropped the baby once. Gotta give him credit-  the littlest guy is a tough lil bugger! The lil boy did end up succeeding. He had to lean back and the baby’s feet still dragged, but I had to admire his determination!
 Today I’m at work. I did make it to church today!!!! We got a call before our shift had even begun, so I wasn’t sure that it would happen. Usually, I’m 10-15 min early, but today I was right on time. Which meant a slightly delayed en route time. Still, 8:01 ain’t bad when the shift starts at 8! We had a 94 yof that had fallen. She had an approximately 1” laceration with swelling over her R eye. Poor thing was bleeding like a stuck pig. The firefighter on scene went in his private vehicle and didn’t have any supplies with him, so she was still bleeding pretty bad when we showed up. I thought it was going to be a much larger cut from all the blood and clots on the floor, but it wasn’t. Someone had just shoved a dish towel by her head, no pressure or anything. Not really sure what they was trying to accomplish. Even if the was just trying to clean up, they would’ve needed a much larger towel and probably more than one. She was a chipper lil gal. Told me that her feet slipped (despite her non slip socks) and hit her head. No loss of consciousness, no vision changes, no dizziness. Wanted to go to Big Town Hospital. Her son was getting on my nerves. Fortunately, she was able to stand, take a couple of steps, and pivot to the cot. All with assistance , of course.  Once we got her into the ambulance, we finished bandaging her wound and cleaned her up some. She was joking with us and in great spirits! She told me that she was going to have another black eye now. She was correct- I watched it darken and swell throughout the transport. She told me that she’s 94 years old, lives alone, and that she fell out of her chair last time  and ended up with a black eye. She was proud that she hasn’t broken any bones though! Not a bad run- 94 years old, couple of recent falls, and no broken bones!!!! We chatted a little bit on the way to the hospital. Well, it was really more yelling than anything else- she’s extremely hard of hearing and I wasn’t too far behind her today! Surprisingly, we made it back in time for me to go to church!!!! Had a wonderful service!
 Mom works every day at the daycare this week, so it’s going to be a busy week. Plus, I traded my Saturday shift for a coworker’s Friday, so I won’t be any help then or on Wednesday. We’re hoping to go to a craft show in Ozark on Saturday once Kirst gets off. Who knows, we might all be too wore out to go! I’ve got a couple of shifts off mid October for craft shows, and I’m greatly looking forward to it!!!! If youns don’t hear from me much this week, that’s why!
 I hope youns have had a wonderful weekend and that it’s smooth sailing through the week!
~ Emmy

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Super looking house building on your stitch!

Khristine Doiron said...

I'm loving the colors on your house!! And I love hearing stories about your job :)

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Thanks! I'm glad; some days I feel like its a story telling day, much to everyone else's dismay! Of course, when folks ask for a work story, I can't think of one to save my life!