Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Cookie to the Rescue!

Well, I'm back at work today. It's been a wonderful day so far! I love the feeling you get when you wake up with the windows open in the morning. Bonus points if my allergy meds are all up and working! :) My drive in was nice and sunny. Got to listen to some good music on my way in as well. The CD I was listening to has a song called "Stupid Cupid." I don't know why, but I love that song! Its just a fun song that feels like a throw back to my beloved oldies. Our truck was in poor shape, so after griping about it, remedying that situation, and griping about it some more (seriously, if my partner and I forget to empty a trash can, it escalates quickly. And there was way more going on than a trash can. There's no point in bothering with this; I doubt that anything would be done if we did, and it doesn't pay to make enemies with coworkers. Oh well, the truck is good to go now and that is all that really matters), we chatted with the insurance guy. Turns out, I ended up being able to afford their accidental injury, which may very well be beneficial since I'm a bit clumsy at times and work EMS (a former preceptor nicknamed me Grace...), so that was awesome! The insurance guy enjoyed listening to Purple Minion (my partner- I'll probably refer to him as Minion or PM for short. And yes, there may be times I'll put PMS. Just know that it will probably not be on accident. Although, he's been doing better the last couple of shifts, knock on wood...) and Ms.'Cilla (may also be referred to as Ms. Priss- both terms are used affectionately, I assure you. :) Especially since she's my crafting buddy at work!) debate Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings stuff. I would better describe their debate, but I know next to nothing about either of those topics, so they may as well have been speaking some other language. Anyhow, the insurance guy nicknamed me "TooTall." I must say, I do enjoy that nickname. Beats Midget (which I will not answer to, as one supervisor found out- if it was said more out of love and friendly banter, maybe. Eh, still probably not.) So, we did the whole insurance acquiring stuff, and had our picture taken by the insurance guy. I have no clue why. I told our Office Manager, Ula , that I would hide in the back. (Ula is a super sweet lady. I can usually get her to laugh w/o even trying, which just further endears her to me. Interesting fact; she has a granddaughter, even though she looks way too young. She's just in her 40s. Gotta say though, her grandbaby is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!). Sadly, with just 7 of us- the insurance guy was in the pic and Ula took the picture, so I did not have that option. I so sad! Then, the lil local hospital fed us lunch and I still have my giant seran wrapped cookie left over!!!!! I'm saving it. What for I don't know, but I'm saving by George! That said, I seriously doubt it will last long- it is chocolate chip w/ M&Ms after all! Minion had griped about going to it ever since it was mentioned to him. He wanted bacon and eggs, but then the insurance guy brought breakfast. Then he wanted Acamboro's, but was told about this. His argument was that they hate us so there's no point in being friendly. There are a couple of employees that are not fond of us, but for the most part, we all get along just fine. We tease them, they tease us. When the doc ordered Lasix before sending the pt to Big City Hospital about 50 min away in decent traffic), one of the nurses (one of my favorites, even before this) begged the doc to allow her to place a Foley in this guy since it would be a pain for us to deal with the effects of the Lasix on the road. Long story short, the doc refused, the guy filled up the urinal and we got to clean urine off of the cot and floor. Yay. Still, it was sweet that she tried, so we brought the ER some treats for caring. Anyhow, I think Minion was just griping because he was bored and had nothing else to gripe about. Ms Priss got  him to admit that the food was good (he still maintained that the hamburger was overdone, "although not as bad as last year"). And all without ever saying a word. Her facial expressions don't leave much up for question, which makes everything more entertaining! We ended up getting our call while I was in the middle of QAing run reports. An 8 yof (year old female) was having a nose bleed. One of my favorite FD was there, which is nice. The family was very friendly. The kiddos, pt included, translated for us since the Dad and Aunt are fluent in Spanish and speak very broken English. Everything was good there. We got to take her to a local hospital that is in our nemesis' area (the neighboring ambulance co that loves to dump pts that need services that are only provided at SCity Hospital or Big Town Hospital at our lil local hospital. This turns into transfers for us. Transfers aren't bad during the day (nothing is really enjoyable during the night except getting to sleep) unless it gets really busy. Then it turns into a mess. We end up needing mutual aid and have found that we can beat them to our town when we are running nonemergency, and stuck in traffic to boot, at a town about 30 min away). For a chest pain call, no less. Sometimes they do good [like when one of our employees that also works  there is on], but the above scenario has happened too many times for them to just have been out of their area or a fluke. Oh well, it'll hopefully get better. I'll stop venting now.) She shouldn't need to be sent anywhere else, which I’m sure her family will be glad for.  Since she loves to draw horses I left her a pen and some paper out of my notebook. It can be hard to keep pens in EMS so we tend to guard the ones we have on us, but she was too cute not to! We got back and I finished QAing. Now I'm just chatting with youns and using my giant cookie as a mouse pad. Usually my computer mouse works well on the desk in my bedroom, but not today. And a folder didn't work. So, cookie to the rescue!
I'm planning on starting a new project. Its Tandem Bicycle by Stitchline. Here's a link if you want to check it out here. It will be a wedding gift for one of my coworkers. She's getting married on the 19th. Of this month. I'm just great at planning ahead, now aren't I? Well, I've got to take my partner to to a preschool graduation- not for *him ;)- at 6,  so if I'm going to try to get a nap, and hopefully stitch and/or exercise, I had better get started! Youns have a wonderful day and please tell me about it!
 Happy Stitching,
 TooTall :)

*Please know, that he deserves all the grief I give him. Honestly, he does. At least thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :)
** Graduation time turned out to be 5:45 instead, so my nap was barely existent. Also,  this wa suppose to be posted around 4:45-5. My apologies. Also, I ate cookie on the way to graduation, so I’m not sure how my computer mouse will work now... 😄

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Love the new project, it should be a quick stitch.

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounds like you had an interesting day. Still chuckling over your cookie mouse pad. Thanks for the link to the design you are going to stitch. Off to check it out!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

That I did, its rarely a dull day at work! I'm glad the link came in handy!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Thank you! I agree, thats part of why I picked it, since I procrastinated so long!