Thursday, May 10, 2018

Plans

 Well, during the preschool graduation both of our other trucks (we run a 12 hr truck during the day in addition to our 2 24 hr trucks) went on a car wreck. It went from unknown to one pt to 3 pts to 5 pts pretty quick. Thankfully, only 2 wanted transported and it was far enough out that our supervisor told us to stay put, that the 2 trucks could handle it. Ordinarily, we would've went and at least helped gather PRCs (pt refuses care; also called a refusal). After the graduation, we ate supper at the Mexican restaurant that Minion had wanted to eat lunch at, so he was super happy. Its my favorite restaurant, so I was pretty happy too! We ate with Minion's girlfriend's family. They were super nice folks. I did not understand 60% of the conversation (their inside jokes), but they were very nice. After that, Minion ran us by Walmart so I could get a new charger cord. Mine decided that it wanted to retire, so its retirement party was thrown and a replacement found posthaste. We then chilled for a bit at the station. I should have used the time to stitch, but I felt restless and definitely felt like if I tried to stitch, exercise, or nap, it would just bring a call. Dispatch somehow always knows.... cause you know, its totally their fault when we have to run a call! Just like the weatherman controls the weather! ;) Ok, I'll stop goofing off now. Well, at least for a lil bit. We ended up running 2 BLS transfers (BLS means that Minion got to the take the pt, giving me a break from writing reports and a chance to drive!), the other truck ran one transfer and a then fire standby that turned out to not be on fire around 7:30. Long story short, Minion and I did not get to sleep until 3 or 4 something this morning. Oh well, I did sleep really good for the portion I slept. I've been home for roughly a hour and a half. Sadly, I don't have much to show for it. The critters are fed and happy. I cleaned my spilled hot chocolate from off the floor and  the dog poop off my boots. I ate my Mexican food leftovers for breakfast (don't worry, I know I'm weird!). Once I post this, I'll take the dogs for a walk. I'm hoping to exercise upon our return, but I'm still fairly sleepy, so we'll see how that goes! Then, it'll be off for a refreshing shower, possibly some cleaning (I'm also undecided on this), maybe a nap (unlikely- when I'm not sick or at work, I have a hard time napping), and, you guessed it, stitching!!!!! I'm bound and determined to get some stitching in today! I forgot to bring it with me when we went to the graduation, so nothing was accomplished on that front yesterday. Now I've got to make up for lost time! :) I hope your needles are flying and that you get to do what makes you happy today!
 Enjoy!
Emmy

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sounds like a good plan to me especially the stitching part!

Khristine Doiron said...

Hope you were able to get some stitching in!