Tuesday, October 9, 2018

My Crazy Life

 Well, it has been an interesting week so far. It all started on Sunday. When I woke up, Mom informed me that our air conditioner was not working. Aside from sweating a bit, Sunday breakfast with the family was a ton of fun! I decided I didn't want to wear the dress I had laid out for church on Saturday night, so I went into my closet and pulled out a couple of options. The first one I picked was comfortable and made me feel less bloated/fluffy, so I went with it! I finished getting ready in a hurry... it wasn't until we was on the way to church (Mom and I carpooled) that I realized that I had left the shorts I was wearing to breakfast on..... It was quite interesting trying to slip them off while keeping my seat belt on!
 Yesterday, the guys came out to look at the heating/air conditioner unit. The repairs were going to cost half of a what a new unit would, so my folks decided to go the new unit option. The repair guys said they would send out their boss to talk over options, financing, etc. In the meantime, just like a show must go on, so must the housework! Especially the laundry- I was getting dangerously low on clean undies... and turning them wrong side out is not an option! Since the guys had only needed access to the unit and thermostat, I had sorted my laundry in my bathroom and just closed the door. Well, low and behold, when the boss guy showed up, he was asking about vents... and Dad just HAD to bring him into my bathroom... where  OF COURSE my dirty undies happened to be unceremoniously heaped with my other dirty laundry....   
 Lil' Nut and myself hid in my room and played Pay Day while he spoke with my folks about the unit cost, etc. She won- I blame it on my distraction about the aforementioned undies... OK, OK, truthfully, I wasn't gutsy enough to buy a bargain with only a few spaces left in the game. My chicken-ness cost me the victory- on the upside, I caught her during her victory high and coerced her into vacuuming later!
 Last night, I started a new book. It was an awesome book. We're down the 12 hour truck today, so I've been reading in between calls since lunch.
Image result for bookworm quotes
My bookworm-iness came out strong; I held my book in one hand and my fork in the other while eating lunch. I would've done the same at supper, but I got to chatting with a coworker instead. I did finish the book, so I decided to pop in a movie and write to youns. Now, that my book is finished, *mandatory social interaction (i.e. speaking to my coworkers), dishes are washed, and now my long overdue chat with you are finished, I just might actually stitch something! Assuming, of course,  that folks will  now remember how to drive in the rain and will stop creating work! Yeah, that is an awfully big assumption. Especially here lately; over the course of the past few weeks, there have been an insane number of fatalities in the area. Especially of young people. One of the guys  that just got his medic recently worked a teenager that was DOA. He seemed to be handling well, at least. Still, we was all talking about all the deaths- kinda makes everybody nervous to be out on the roadways now!

 I hope you are warm/cool (dependent upon your location and current weather- Missouri hasn't made up her mind, so she is making us have all the weather), safe, dry, and surrounded by loved ones. And books, stitchy supplies, and chocolate!!!!
 Happy Stitching!
 Emmy

*I only consider this mandatory because I fear what my coworkers would do if I entirely became a hermit at work. As long as I had books, stitching, food, and a spot for napping, I do believe I would be perfectly content for the most part. Calls and time in the truck with my partner spent going to calls and returning from calls, in addition to morning greetings/chit chat, would satisfy the extroverted part of my "extroverted introvert" personality. Unless I went into one of my rare chatty times. But I have youns to chat with for that! 😉My INFJ personality type is incredibly weird.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I really am enjoying this autumn piece you are working on, Emmy. Since fall arrived on the calendar, I am still waiting on the cooler temperatures instead of the warmth and muggies that continue. On a plus note, I am heading off to a retreat this weekend! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful progress on your wip!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Thank you! I've been enjoying it too! I hope you had fun at your retreat!