Monday, December 31, 2018

A note from Smokey

Mom made me help her clean today. 😾. Ok, ok, so she technically didn’t make me clean, but she was cleaning and I wanted extra treats, so I had to help her so I could cutes her into giving them to me. I tell you, it’s ridiculous what a cat has to do around here!
We emptied the dishwasher, loaded it, washed other dishes, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned gray gunk  out of the vaporizer, mopped, did a quick vacuum 🙀(I bravely supervised this and stood by to let her know where the vacuum plug was at when it came out of the wall. I tell you, she would be plumb lost without me!), washed tons of laundry, and put up a mountain of laundry!
 I just HAD to stick my tongue out for the camera- she made me work too much and then insisted on taking pictures!!!! I could get kicked out of The Super Secret Official Cat Society for breaking the cardinal rule that cats supervise and nap, not actually work!!!! Oops, pretend that you know nothing, nothing at all about The Society. Be Schultz from that old Hogan tv show! I have to admit, I snuck off a few times for a cat nap- I couldn’t risk overdoing it you know! Plus, I needed to make sure that the vaporizer functioned properly after being cleaned- this is my Mom we’re talking about after all! I did snag a few pieces of lunch meat out of the deal, so all was not lost. I napped next to her stitching bag repeatedly to remind her to sit down and stitch, but she stupidly did not listen. If she would have, I would’ve shared pictures of the progress. On the up side, she’s doing quite a bit better with her cold! Still some nagging aspects of the cold, but nothing too bad. Marmoo (grandma) is worse though. I keep trying to give her tips on the finer points of furball coughing up, but no furball yet. Maybe someday these humans will learn to listen to their brilliant, handsome, and helpful cat! I hope your new year is purrrrfectly wonderful and will gladly hiss at any party poopers for you. Mom has gone to bed, so she can’t stop me from visiting you!!!!!!! She’s being mean though- she went to bed instead of continuing to hold me and then she’s going to leave for something stupid called work... Hey, maybe that’s what I can change this New Year! Don’t humans resolute, resolve, or whatever to do good stuff in the new year? I think I’ll resolve for my human to stay with me at all times, except when I need a break from babysitting her! There, now she has to stay home!!!! I think I’ll go meow at her door and tell her the good news!😻 Happy New Year!🥳 
 Wishing you a year full of treats, chin scratches, cat naps, and absolutely NO fleas!
 Smokey

No comments: