Thursday, December 20, 2018

Oh my jingle bells!

 I can’t believe it has been so long since I last posted!!!! Things have been busy for us, I’m sure it has been the same for you and yours! I love this time of the year, I just wish there were more opportunities to stop and smell the gingerbread men cookies, ya know what I mean? I’m hoping to plan ahead for next Christmas, but we’ll see how that goes! ;)  I still greatly struggle with stitching ahead of the season for my shop, gifts, and for my own decorating. I don’t really know why, I just like to stitch that particular holiday/season’s stuff at that time! Are you a seasonal stitcher? And when it comes to finish-finishing... well, let’s just say that I have the Stitchy Finishing Drawer of Shame. Basically, all of my finishes are left to their own devices in a drawer... or basket... or under my bed... or- well, you get the picture. Even though the stitching part is fine, finishing it out to something that can be gifted, sold, or decorated with scares the gumdrops outta me! I think it’s since so much time goes into stitching the pieces. Plus, I kinda feel like a piece of me ends up in the finished part. And that makes my perfectionist side come out full force!!!!!! Which is annoying and makes my slob side demand an oversized t-shirt and potato chips (or chocolate- ok, usually chocolate!). Am I the only one that lets Stitching languish in a drawer or other place because of this fear? Is there a Sugar Plum Fairy out there with any advice? What is a sugar plum? And can you tell that I’ve been watching a ton of Christmas movies and singing *  all of the Christmas songs for an insane amount of time lately? If, and I am talking about a big ole if here, timing allows, I will try to post some pics of Christmas decor here at some point after I get home from work tomorrow. I have to finish wrapping presents first! What is your favorite Christmas decorations? Can you share pictures?!?!
 Merry Christmas from Emmy and her Elf, Smokey! (More on that later!)





*(As much as my sore throat allows. Fortunately, this cold isn’t severe by any means, just aggravating!) ;)

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! I do have a basket of shame, but the contents are growing smaller. Why? I send things out to be finished. So much easier! I tend to work ahead on some stitches. Look forward to seeing your Christmas decorations. Wishing you and yours a joyous Christmas!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

That is very smart thinking! The whole finishing process scares me a bit...

Khristine Doiron said...

I also am not very good at finishing thing off but my mom sews so I send most of my things to her. And then they get to sit at her house until she decides how they should look :) Hope you had a great Christmas!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Smart thinking!