Thursday, March 12, 2020

For The First Time In Forever- Car Washing Version

 Bumblebee (my car) when I decided to wash her for the first time in months today:

The hose it out! And so's that sponge!
 I didn't know they existed anymore!
Who knew we owned a thousand nozzles....?

For months I've roamed these country roads
Why have a car without washing it?
Finally the water is turned on!
There'll be actual real live suds
It'll be totally strange
But wow! Am I so ready for this change!

'Cause for the first time in forever
I'll be washed, I"ll be shiny!
For the first time in forever
I'll be flashy, driving down these roads...
Don't know if I'm elated or flooded
But I'm somewhere in that zone!
'Cause for the first time in forever
I won't be filthy

I can't wait to show everyone!
Wait, what if I meet a Hot Rod?

Tonight, imagine me waxed and all
Fetchingly parked next to the wall
The picture of sophisticated grace...

I suddenly see him parking there
A beautiful Charger, sleek and fair
I wanna stuff some oil in my face

But then we laugh and drive all evening
Which is totally bizarre
Nothing like the life I've led so far!

For the first time in forever
There'll be vrooming, there'll be fun!
For the first time in forever
I could be noticed by someone...
And I know it is totally crazy
To dream I'll get a bath...
But for the first time in forever
At least I've got a chance!


Me, when the lady came to pick up Ginger the Stray:
Don't let them in
Don't let them see
Be the good girl
You always have to be
Conceal
Don't show
The messy house
Make one door open
And everyone will know

(I'm behind on cleaning the house- oops!) :)  In case anyone is having trouble placing the tune, its Bumblebee's version of "For The First Time In Forever" from Frozen. 

 I hope youns enjoyed my bit of silliness today!
 Happy stitching (and car washing!),
 Emmy

No comments: