Friday, March 13, 2020

For Such a Time as This

Have you ever had a moment in life where you realized that you were there for a reason? In that moment, with that exact set of circumstances, for a specific reason? Like Esther, when she prevents genocide? Well, yesterday I had one of those moments. I was being lazy, lounging about, thinking about how I really should get in the shower. Dad and Kirst were both taking their showers, and I didn't want to be the only stinky one present at home. :) I finally decided to get up, act like an adult, and go take my shower when it happened. The dishwasher kicked on. In that moment, all I could think was "God had me feel lazy for a reason; so that I would be here, in this exact moment, for such a time as this." Pretty sure I felt more like a hero stopping the dishwasher so those two wouldn't have cold showers than I have with anything else!

No comments: