Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Greetings Everybody!

 Hi everybody! My name is Emily Swisher, aka Emmy. Unless you are my coworker, then it's Em. There will be a whole cast of characters we will meet together later on, such as Fiona the Giant Flamingo, my critic. So, I guess this is the part where I introduce myself. Well, for starters, this is the first time I have ever even attempted writing on a blog, let alone starting my own blog. I have to give a huge shout out to Coni from Spinster Stitcher (which is a much better blog and funner*  read, might I add) for making this possible by guiding me through the whole how-to-start-a-blog concept. So, please bear with me as I attempt to figure this out. After all, we are talking about what is probably the only 20-something out there that only has a Facebook account (quite reluctantly, might I add) that I check once every few months  because a coworker made me let her set it up. Sooooo, yeah, technology and I are totally besties.....  not! I am single, love to read, stitch, and enjoy attempting to play the guitar much to my sister's cat's dismay. I am also a full time paramedic at a local ambulance service, which means that every third day I am away from home for at least 24 hours. Whether we are busy or not, will determine how many/often posts will appear on those days. Hopefully, there will be plenty of posts from work, lol :). I have a dog named Banjo, that is handsome, energetic, and loves to chase (he prefers guard) our lone chicken. I'll post a picture of him if I ever figure out how to. Basically, he is everything I am not. He also loves to play and attempts to get me to run daily, which never happens unless I'm trapped in a burning house with an angry bear and rabid skunk chasing me. Or a sale at Hobby Lobby during-which-everybody-that-has-ever-lived-and-their-dogs are at. Then its watch out Grandma, I'm headed to the stitching area! Well, I will try to write a more entertaining post later. Also, please know, my "n" and "b" keys stubbornly refuse to cooperate and do their jobs on my laptop, the turds. I tell ya, good help is so hard to find these days! I try to catch all the mistakes by copying and pasting from other areas. That said, if you see a weird new word, that just means that I either missed it, or created a new word. (See "funner" above.) So, everybody, thanks for putting up with my wordiness and please introduce yourselves in the comments section!
Happy Crafting,
Emmy

*Its a word- look it up. Actually, don't. I doubt that Miriam-Webster has listened to my ideas on what words should exist. ;)

26 comments:

Lisa D said...

Hi Emmy, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Cindy said...

Welcome to Blogland Emmy! Hope you can figure out this blog thing, it just takes time, have fun trying. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Suzanne H said...

Hi! I found you through Coni at the Spinster Stitcher. Can't wait to hear more from you.

Sandi said...

Hello! Heard about you on Spinster Stitcher's blog. Welcome to blogland!

Patricia said...

Hi, I also found you through the Spinster Stitcher. Welcome and looking forward to your posts!

Maureen said...

Hello there Emmy, any friend of Coni's is a friend to us! I am already intrigued to read more about Fiona. Happy blogging :)

Karen said...

Hi there! Found your blog through Coni. I don't write a blog, but enjoy reading them.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hi Emmy! Popping in to say hi and welcome to blog land via the Spinster Stitcher blog. Look forward to seeing/reading what you are working on. Enjoy your day!

Jane in PA said...

Hi, Just wanted to let you know your readers are out here and waiting for the next post. I also found you through Spinster Stitcher.

Beth said...

HI Em, Congrats on your Blog. I am eagerly awaiting your next installment. With a name like Sew Happy Stitcher, I want to know what you like to stitch. Tell us all.

Karen said...

Hi there! Welcome to the BlogLand. Looking forward to your posts and to hearing about some of your adventures, Thanks to the Spinster Stitcher for alerting us to your new blog. Looking forward to seeing some of your stitching once blogger decides to cooperate with the photo posting.

Karen

Michelle said...

I also found you via the Spinster Stitcher. I am looking forward to hearing more about your stitchy and professional adventures (if you can talk about it). You must have a caring heart to work in emergency!

Denise said...

Well, I call this place of ours Bloggerville. Welcome Emmy! Glad to have you aboard.

BarbaraH. said...

Found you via Coni of Spinster Stitcher fame --- welcome! I look forward to reading your blog.

Texas stitcher said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start`! Keep up the good work. Funny. Is always good!!!!

Vicky said...

Welcome to blog land Emmy.

rosek1870 said...

Welcome! I found you through Coni (I'm rather addicted to her blog. Looking forward to following along.
Hugs,
Rose

Connie Anzelone said...

Congrats on your first blog post, Em! I'm looking forward to your many posts to follow!!

Debby said...

I found d you through Coni, as well! Welcome. I used to blog, but it got time consuming and I don't have Coni's sense of humor and fun. I do look forward to more from your corner of the world!

Gail said...

If Coni says you're good then it's all good.

Lynette said...

Welcome to Blogland, Em. You have gone one step further than I have (I don’t blog but I do really enjoy reading others!). Looking forward to getting to know you. BTW, I also found you via Coni!

Unknown said...

Another welcome! Have fun writing your blog and tell us all about your stitching!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy, just popped over from Coni's blog... meant to pop over yesterday but you know... the best laid plans of mice and women!!! Want to wish you the best for your new blog endeavor, you will get the hang of it! I love new words so create away for Ms Miriam Webster :D
Hugs for now from brrrrr New Hampshire

Khristine Doiron said...

Hi Emmy! Just heard about your blog from Coni :) Looking forward to more blog posts!

Ginny B said...

Hi Emmy! I'm another from Coni's blog. Good luck with the blog - I already like your style of writing.

Ginny

Ms Peppercorn said...

Ditto the Coni thing. Yours will be added to my small list of blogs I check daily - Spinster Stitcher and Samplers and Santas.