Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter According to a First Grader

 so, Kirstie was telling us about a first grader at her church earlier this week. This first grader had brought her little sister to the front of the church after services to look attheEaster display. This consisted of a cross, a crown of thorns, the nails, and a purple cloth draped over the cross. The first grader explained to her little sister that the crown of thorns is what killed Jesus. She explained that the nails were used to hold Jesus to the cross. She then tilted her head, a bit perplexed, as she said, “ I don’t know what the purple ‘M’ is for.”  A brief, thoughtful pause ensued until she stated, “Maybe the ‘M’ stands for mammals. Cause we are mammals and He died for us. Yep, that’s what the ‘M’ stands for, its mammals.”
  I hope that you and yours have a glorious, Cadbury egg filled, Easter! And that we never forget that He is risen!
I was trying to find the  perfect Meme-picture thingy for today. I instead found several, so here are a few of my favorites!












2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Emmy, I hope you had a blessed Easter. Thinking of you!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

I did! I hope that you had very blessed Easter as well!