Tuesday, April 16, 2019

To the rescue!

  So, the "other thing" that I had mentioned in a previous post was that my heart occasionally likes to beat faster than the situation warrants without any apparent reason. It first started about a year ago, maybe a little longer. Anyway, my old Dr. didn't really care about the why. She said if it continued, she could always start me on a beta blocker. I was not a fan of that plan, so I didn't ever mention it to her again. The nurse practitioner that I now see at a different Dr.'s office is taking it super serious. Which feels kind of weird to me, especially after the last Dr.'s attitude. It also makes me have far more confidence and trust in the care that she provides. Anyway, all of my lab work came back normal, aside from what was expected to be off due to illness. Oh, and my magnesium was very minorly elevated, which is  totally random, so that seems to be in line with me in general. The 12 lead that they did there was also good, albeit a little tachy (fast). Thanks to that, I have to wear a Holter monitor starting yesterday late morning and now into Wednesday around 11. Let me just say, this has not been the highlight of my life. The nurse had placed large patches of 4" foam tape over the electrodes and leads, and that stuff itches like crazy, especially when I sweat!! And my goal is to not sweat since I'm not allowed to take a shower until the stupid thing comes off. Which means the whole "continue with your usual activities" or whatever isn't going to happen. And I'm a bit nervous at work, because if we run certain calls, not taking a shower is not an option, at least not for me. I did half rebel today; my lower half got a shower, my hair got washed, and the rest of me got a baby wipe bath. Just for the record, baby wipes only get you so far.
 So, Mom was still on crutches yesterday morning and a very disgruntled (picture a wet cat) me had a heart monitor. We made quite the pair. We also decided that Hopalong Cassidy and HeartMon were going to ride again and save the world! We are very entertaining when left to our own devices together. We came up with all sorts of scenarios and super powers together!
  Today hasn't been so bad at work. Minion had traded the A shift supervisor, so I've got a much calmer partner today. We haven't done much. We stayed at a structure fire for 30-45 min. I had to finish QAing reports, so I didn't get any stitching done there. :( On the upside, I got a ridiculously long nap in, so the shift is still going by fast. I'm still trying to catch up on sleep from last shirft; I was awake for 24.5 hours before I managed to get a hour's sleep before going home. I had given up my nap for Minion's Pokemon Go, which made it all a bit worse. And also means that I'm highly unlikely to give up a nap for one of Minion's games again.
  Here's where I left off on The Sunflower House:
  I'm hoping to get some more stitching in today. I'm also working on a book and behind on my journaling, so maybe I'll miraculously get a bunch done!
 I hope youns are having an awesome day and that your needles have been flying!
 ~ Emmy

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I am glad to hear you are getting things checked and this NP is taking things more seriously. Hope the rest of the wearing of the heart monitor goes smoothly for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Thank you, Robin, I greatly appreciate it. So funny story: they called me after I turned i the monitor to ask if I had exercised Wednesday morning around 9. I did exercise that morning, but at 9 I was still driving home from work, since I had stayed late to cover for someone. The nurse said, "No-oh, this looks like way too much movement for just driving, it looks like the monitor was getting thrown all over the place..." All I could think was, "Sister, you don't realize just how rough the country roads are where I live!" ;)
She also told me that its taking up to 20 days to get the results back from the monitors, so it'll be a while before I can update anyone. That said, I definitely hope I don't have to repeat the experience. Not showering for 48 hours does not go over very well for me... And all the tape really itches! Lol.