Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Dear Food Thief

 Dear Food Thief from Last Shift,
 Please understand that while I am totally cool with sharing my calzone, I do have a problem with you helping yourself to my cheese sticks. In fact that is why I wrote my name on the box. Had you taken one or two, that would have been totally fine! But taking over 1/4 of what it originally came with, which worked out to be well over 1/3 of what I hadn't eaten, is going way too far. I mean, c'mon, we are not talking about plain ordinary bread sticks here (although I do love my carbs, so that would still be shaky ground)! We are talking about cheesy goodness generously draped over bread sticks!!!!!! Again, I could totally understand if you could not resist the siren call of all that cheesy wonderfulness; but taking that much was just plain gluttonous! And seriously kumquat, how how hard is it to close the pizza boxes??? It isn't that hard!!! Little children understand how this works. Shoot, I'm pretty sure my dog understands it! He is just limited by not having opposing thumbs and the ability to sneak into buildings!It is not that intuitive of a concept! Now that I've said my piece, understand that I'm not mad; OK,OK, maybe slightly irritated (after all,this involves cheese!), but, I get it, its OK. My Momma did teach me how to share, after all!  Next time, just back away from the cheesy awesomeness until I give you permission, mmm'k?
 Sincerely,
 The-One-that-had-to-Ration-Out-the-Cheesy-Bread-Sticks-at-Home, Thanks-to-You

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I feel your pain. Our work supplies terrible rough cheap kleenex and I had a box of beautifully soft ones on my desk that I purchased.
I just went to get one out and the box is EMPTY!!!
Hello I don't mind if someone asks but to take the last one is totally unacceptable!

Robin in Virginia said...

I had that problem at the school where I worked. I labeled the box "science experiment" a few times; that worked. I hope they have learned their lesson.

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

My thoughts exactly!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

I like that, I'll have to try it some time! I've heard of some that had this as a daily issue and actually put a laxative in the food; with my luck, the person would have to be hospitalized, or worse, and I would end up in trouble. Or I would forget about it! Not gonna lie though, the thought is tempting if it should continue...