Wednesday, July 4, 2018

new arrival

 Last Saturday, when I was getting ready for bed, I heard meowing. It was far too sweet sounding to be my sister's cat, Purrhana (his is usually demanding; he gets mad when people don't read his mind and take care of whatever he wants posthaste). When I went outside to check , I ended up seeing a lil kitten. I tried to catch it without luck, and he hid under the porch until Purrhana growled and chased it off. My attempts to stop Purrhana were unsuccessful. Sunday morning, I went to help Dad carry a couple of umbrellas into the garage because there was a possiblility of storms. I ended up seeing the kitten, so Dad and I tried to coax it out. He was obviously hungry and had sleepy on his eyes, but otherwise looked healthy. When he was hiding underneath the trailor, Dad crouched down and tried sweet talking him out! It was super sweet of Dad to try. He ended up running from under there and hid on the deck of the lawnmower. Kirst gave me an unopened can of food that Purrhana did not like, so I sat it there for him. He started eating, which greatly relieved Dad and myself. After church, I ended up catching the lil guy. Long story short, I now have a friend for life. Still not totally sure what his name is yet. I can tell you that he loves belly rubs, chin scratches, and for me to scratch down his back. Thus far, he is not a picky eater. He was super excited when I got him a collar and has a wonderful, loud purr.   Anyhow, he wanted to tell youns a few things. So without further ado, here he is!
 Hi, I would tell you my name, but I'm having fun watching the silly looking creatures try to figure out. I have been very busy since I adopted these creatures; I honestly don't know how they functioned without me. First off, their animal count was totally wrong. They had two dogs and only one cat! Pure craziness to have more dogs than cats, if you ask me. Anyway, the one that writes to you is like an extra mom to me. She feeds me, cleans the sleepy off my eyes (everyone here has something called "allergies-" at least that is what human mom says.), feeds me, and scratches my belly and under my chin. I honestly don't know what she would do with her time without me! I then show her lots of affection. She carries me all over the place and I thank her by gently nibbling on her fingers. I like it best over her left shoulder and also directly under her chin. I purr really loud in an attempt to encourage her in her endeavours- she does try to do a good job, you know. Between you and me, I think she might need more than I can give her in the future. Anyhow, I like to make her take time to smell roses by distracting her with my cuteness and making her pet and hold me. So far, so good with that. Yesterday, I watched a strange looking and sounding thing. Human mom said something about it being a "chicken" and then "Maggie" or something like that. I was very fascinated with this odd thing and closely observed it from my perch on human mom's shoulder. I have decided that this "Maggie-Chicken" thing is of no threat to me and may provide entertainment in the future. We then watched a Banjo thing. I wasn't too sure about him yesterday. He did keep his distance the first time Human Mom held me, which was good, cause I would've showed him!!! This morning, Human Mom came outside. I slept while she did whatever she did in the back yard. When she came into the fenced in area, I came out from the porch and yawned to let her know that she did wake me up. I did purr when she walked towards me to let her know that I still love her, even if she did disrupt my slumber. I stayed on her shoulder while she watered flowers. At first, the sound of the water hitting stuff scared me, but she reassured me that everything was ok. After close observation from my lookout post (her shoulder), I determined that the silly human was correct about this. She briefly sat me down to pull some weeds in what she called a flower bed. I know better though; Purrhana told me that it is actually a super fancy landscaped litter box area. I explored a little bit and looked to her after each new discovery to make sure that she saw how brave and adorable I am. I must say, I was very pleased with her attentiveness. She aknowledged me very often and made a point to pet me and take pictures of me frequently. My training plan for her just got simplified!! Woo hoo!! When she went to a flower bed close to the road to water, she put me on the porch with a ball and told me to stay put. I guess she was afraid I would decide its ok to go on the road. Although, I don't understand why she thinks the road is so scary. As best as I can tell, the road is just this hard gray stuff with weeds coming through it at the edges. It doesn't move or make noise or really do much of anything. Anyhow, I'll still try to avoid the big bag road; she's such a scaredy cat! ๐Ÿ™„ After showing the ball who was boss, I went to go help her. As best as I can tell, humans are very helpless without a feline supervisor, even if their designated supervisor is a kitten. As I meandered over there (I didn't want her to think that I didn't have faith in her capabilities. I mean, I totally don't, but it would crush her to know that!), I noticed the Banjo-dog-thing close by.  I puffed myself up, poofed out my tail and charged him  at a break neck speed, so I could slide to a stop just short of him and let out a terrifying hiss. I then proceeded to repeat the hiss a few times just to make sure that he knows that I mean business.  Let me tell ya, he was shaking in his boots! Well, he would've been, if he would have had any on. He ran over to Human Mom for protection; she laughed at him, which I totally approved of, but then the traitor started to pet him. Not cool, human mom, not cool. She then made a point to pet both of us at the same time and said something about us being "brothers?????" I am so not a brother of that overgrown weirdo!!!!!!! And by the way; she is my treat dispenser, doofus, not yours!!!!! Anyhow, its pretty uneventful besides that. She did try to give me something called Benadryl; I do not like that stuff!!! Aside from that, I've been a good little boy. I've been patiently letting her clean my eyes and have dutifully allowed her to feed me and pet me. Well, I guess that's all for now; I'm going to find a shady place for a nap.....oh look, a toy mouse!!



Hi, its Emmy again. Here's a few pictures of the adorable fluffball of cuteness: 










Happy Stitching! I hope you are having a great 4th of July with your critters!!!
Emmy

9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a cute addition to your family, Emmy! He is a lovely shade of gray.

stitchinrose said...

so cute, so lucky you have found each other.

Khristine Doiron said...

Oh so cute!!! Congrats on your new babe!

Kirstie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirstie said...

I'm having issues figuring this comment stuff out... It's actually spelled Purranha, but I'll forgive you. Little sisters are good at forgiving older sisters... Lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Thank you! I agree about his cuteness- he's figured out that he is cute and definitely works it to his advantage! :)

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

I'm very grateful for that myself!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Thank you so much!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

My bad!