Monday, July 9, 2018

Q Snap Questions

I’be got a question for all of my fellow stitchers out there. How many of you use q-snaps? Do you like them? I’ve only ever used a hoop and I’m a bit curious about what all else is out there. I’ve noticed a lot of folks mention using q-snaps, which has gotten me all the more curious! Do they work well for largish projects? If you recommend them, what sizes do you use the most? Is there anything else you like in addition to/instead of q-snaps or hoops?
 Thanks,
Emmy

5 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I like using them and they enable me to stitch without thumb pain. My favorite size is 8" though I use 6" for ornaments. I don't mind moving the qsnap for larger projects. They also fit well into my Lowry frame so when I'm at home I can stitch with two hands!

Vicky said...

I have been using them for years, I love that you can make them bigger, smaller etc.

stitchinrose said...

I have been using them for years as well. I use them all the time. I find that they work better for me than anything. There are some that are handmade using pvc pipe. I made a lap stand using that method and it works quite well.

Robin in Virginia said...

I like and use them as well. My preferred size is 6 x 6 or 8 x 8. I haven't had any issues with placing them over my stitches. I do suggest that you get the q-snap brand and not the generic ones from the other big box stores.

Khristine Doiron said...

I love my Qsnap! I like that they hold my fabric drum tight. I like how light an 8x8 is but 11x11 has a nice big area to stitch in.