Saturday, July 28, 2018


Mr. Smokey assisted me with stitching yesterday; he was a huge help. I don’t know how I ever managed to stitch anything without his help in the past. πŸ˜‰  
  Today has been fun. I took the dogs for a walk, briefly lost Guinea, found Guinea, and then tried not to laugh when Guinea ran on ahead when dogs starting barking from quite a ways away. Meanwhile, Banjo continued to sniff every blade grass, stick, and piece of roadside trash he came across, totally unfazed by the dogs barking in the distance. Guinea did look back from a safe distance away. He just didn’t understand why we wasn’t running away too.
  Mom and I checked out a new antique store/ flea market in Carthage. We did stop by another store. After that, we went on to Joplin to check on/restock/ pick up her check at her booth. We both found a few items at each place. We did make one responsible, adult-like decision: we decided that we had both spent enough, so we would forgo our stop at Hobby Lobby. This was no small sacrifice for the two of us. I am far more proud of that than I should be! 😊
  It seems like everyone around us is getting rain today. I really, really wish it would rain at the house. The garden needs watered and I really don’t want to do it! πŸ˜„
 Hope youns are having a great day!!!
 ~Emmy

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your stitching assistant is a cutie. It sounds like you had a good outing with your Mom. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

I have to agree about him being a cutie, I am a bit biased though! ;) Thank you and you too!

Khristine Doiron said...

He's getting so big!! And good for you two for making adult decision :) Ha!