Sunday, February 11, 2018

Fiona

Back at work today. So far I’ve watched a movie and done very little sewing. The poor 12 hr truck has been pretty steady though. I’m sure my turn will come. Here’s the tiny bit of progress I made; you’ll have to look very closely or you will miss it:
I also realized that I haven’t introduced Fiona yet. I first saw Fiona while getting groceries with my Mom and immediately fell in love with her. So, without further ado, here’s Fiona. 
Why hello, dahling, can you believe how long it took for her to introduce me?!? “Immediately fell in love,” my tail feathers! I am the one that tries to help this poor delusional girl have some sort of fashion sense and social life, and it’s a full time job at that! Why, just yesterday morning, would you look at what the child was wearing!?! 
I told her that she should be ashamed of herself and change toot sweet! And do you know what that dreadful creature told me? That it was morning and that she could wear her pajamas and clashing robe for as long as she wished. She had the audacity to wear them for hours! Just to mortify me! Not only that, but when she realized I slipped behind her to take a picture to show you what I have to deal with every day, she told me I would regret it! Can you believe the gall, the unmitigated gall, of some people?!? I tell you, dahling, I have my feathers full with this one. Well, since it’s icy out, maybe she’ll slip, hit her head, and magically start to listen to me! Well, ta ta for now dahling-and remember to always listen to your flamingo friend. After all, a  flamingo knows best! ~ Fiona 

Here’s hoping that your bossy flamingo friend is at home when you are at work... she insisted that it was Bring-Your-Flamingo-To-Work Day and then stowed away in the car when I told her no way. Maybe the supervisor won’t find out... I’ll have to duct tape her mouth shut to get her to keep it down enough to have a chance. I wonder if rolled gauze or medical tape would work...
Happy Stitching!
Emmy

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice to meet you, Fiona! But as long as the outfit is comfy, who cares what it looks like!?!?!?!?

Khristine Doiron said...

Oh dear a bossy flamingo sounds like a handful! Haha! Love the comfy outfit and it matches your cup :)

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Oh, dahling, don’t you know that one must always look one’s best?
-Fiona

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

She is! Next time she tells me my outfit doesn’t match, I’m going to use that cup as an excuse!

The Sew Happy Stitcher said...

Robin,
My thoughts exactly!
-Em